Monday, December 19, 2011

Cartoons

Before Ella was born, watching cartoons was an infrequent treat for Addison & Hunter.  Once Ella was born, we got into the habit of watching cartoons in the morning, while I fed Ella.  Then the other day I fed Ella while the kids ate breakfast, so once we were all done, I decided that instead of watching cartoons we would just get a jump start on our day.  The tantrums that followed were jaw dropping.  You would have thought I had told them that they were never going to eat again or see the Sun again or something outrageous like that.  Something that used to be a fun treat, has turned into an expectation and has made my children "spoiled" when it comes to cartoons.  So last week we started "weening" ourselves from this habit.  And it is a "weening" process for me as well.  I also was used to having that time in the morning to get little things done, while the kids were absorbed in their cartoon.  I think the "weening" process is almost over.  This morning there was no more whining, asking to watch cartoons.  They asked once and I said no and then they started playing together.

No comments: