Saturday, May 17, 2008

Small gifts from God

Today our community had a yard sale. Only a few homes participated. We participated and we did better than we thought we would, so that was nice. But what was even nicer is I got something for free that I had been wanting for a few months now.

I have wanted a kids size Fisher Price picnic table. The kind that is all one piece with the table in the middle and two benches on each side.

One of our neighbors came to our house to look at our stuff. She said they were busy that day and so they were not participating in the yard sale, but that they had lots of stuff to get rid of. She just happen to mention that she had a Fisher Price picnic table she wanted to get rid of. I said that I was looking for one. She said she would sell it to me for $5.

Then it got better. . . Her son collects baseball cards. Our friend Ed Russ had given us a LARGE box of baseball cards. Her son had already bought $10 worth of cards from us. When the lady brought the picnic table down to our house, Daniel offered her the rest of the baseball cards in exchange for the table. I didn't think she was go for it, but she did. So we got this table that I have been wanting for months for FREE!!!

I know that this was a small gift from God. It is just too coincidental that this lady just happen to stop at our house, just happen to mention that she had a table she wanted to get rid of, it just happen to be the exact table I was wanting, we just happen to have a friend who had given us all those baseball cards, her son just happen to be a baseball card collector and she was willing to trade the table for the baseball cards.

Thanks God!

No comments: