Monday, May 12, 2008

Wedding Dress???

I am contemplating selling my wedding dress. It makes all logical sense to sell it. I will never wear it again. It is just sitting collecting dust and taking up room. The chances of Addison wanting to wear it are slim to none. So, this should be a simple decision, right? WRONG. Every time I take the dress out to take pictures to put online to sell it, my emotions get the best of me and I just can't do it. It is funny how you can feel so emotionally attached to an object. I have heard of people saving their wedding dresses and letting their little girls use them as dress up clothes, but it just seems like very expensive dress up clothes to me. I have also heard of people turning their wedding dresses into other things that they can use, such as a throw pillow for their bed or a nice purse, etc. This would not work for my wedding dress because it is almost completely made of tole (spelling?). So does anyone have any advice as to if I should sell or not sell? And if I don't sell it what should I do with it?

Thanks!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Funny you wrote about this today - I listed mine on Craigslist last week. So far I have had no one even ask about it. I'll let you know how it goes. To me it wouldn't be worth getting rid of unless I could at least get a couple hundred dollars for it.