Friday, July 11, 2008

Getting my attention

Addison has learned how to get my attention. I put her down for her afternoon nap today and as usual she started to cry. I was downstairs listening to her on the monitor and she was just crying and whaling. Then she suddenly stopped crying, a few seconds later she made this terrible screeching scream and then continued to scream in this horrible high pitch. It sounded like she was in terrible pain. I ran up the stairs as fast as I could, of course trying to think of what could have happened and trying to anticipate what I was going to find when I got to her. My imagination runs wild sometimes, so I had these horrible pictures in my head of her bleeding or having a twisted or broken bone, etc. I burst into her room and as soon as I did, she stopped screaming, smiled and reached out her arms for me to pick her up. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH HER. I checked her over just to make sure, but as soon as I picked her up she was all smiles. Cleaver girl! So of course I held her for a few minutes and then I put her right back down for a nap. She again proceeded to cry, but after a while she finally went to sleep. I just hope this doesn't turn into the story of the "Boy who cried wolf".

No comments: