Friday, August 8, 2008

Perspective

Today Addison and I were in the car and Addison was making very loud noises. She was happy, but she was being very loud. This situation reminded me of a story I read recently. This story was about two different moms. One mom walked by a window and noticed her daughter's figure prints all over the glass. This mom quickly went to the task of cleaning the figure prints off, annoyed that, yet again, she was having to clean figure prints off the window. Another mother walks by a window and sees her daughter's figure prints. Instead of cleaning them off though, she cherishes them. See, her daughter died recently and these figure prints that she used to clean off, she now wants to preserve.

As I was driving with Addison in the back making loud noises, I realized I could get frustrated that she was being so loud or I could cherish it. I know that there is a mom out there somewhere who would give anything to be in my situation and to hear their daughter or son making loud noises again.

Thank you God for blessing me with Addison and help me to never take her for granted.

No comments: