Saturday, January 10, 2009

Feeling Better & Drinking Water

Finally I am starting to feel better. I actually got somethings on my To Do List done yesterday and today. I am still taking my medicine, but I am not sleeping all day long anymore and I am not coughing as much. I even went out today to run some errands. This is the first day I have been out of the house in a week (if you don't count going to the doctor).

One positive thing that has come out of me being sick is I am drinking lots of water now. I know you are suppose to drink around 8 cups of fluids a day (water is the best option, but doesn't have to be the only option). Especially when you are pregnant, the doctors always tell you it is important to drink plenty of fluids. Well while I was sick I was drinking about 120 oz or about 15 cups of water in a 24 hour period. No, I am not kidding. If I was awake, drinking water was the only thing that stopped me from coughing, so I was constantly drinking water. My water bottle is 24 oz and I was drinking at least 5 of them in a 24 hour period. At night alone I was drinking around 2 of my water bottles which equals 48 oz.

Anyway, I am now only drinking 3 water bottles a day which equals about 9 cups of water. But prior to getting sick, I didn't even drink a full water bottle in a day, so this is a mass improvement over what I was doing. Hopefully I will be able to keep it up.

And for those of you who are wondering, after a week of drinking that much water, your body gets used to it and you do not go to the bathroom all the time like you would think.

No comments: