Monday, January 5, 2009

Sick of Being Sick

I am still sick. Not only am I still sick, but I have felt worse today then I have this whole sickness. I have been sick since last Wednesday (Dec. 31). The doctor I went to on Friday said that I had a virus (which of course they can't do anything for) and that with rest and lots of fluids I would be feeling better by Monday. Today is Monday and I feel horrible. I called the doctor today and they said because I am pregnant they would prefer that I see my OB because they did not feel comfortable prescribing meds for me. They said my OB would know better what I can take. I called my OB and THANK GOD, he was able to prescribe a cough syrup and antibiotic and I also have an appointment with him tomorrow for a check up. I am so tired of being sick. I haven't had a good night of sleep in days. And my wonderful husband has been taking care of me and Addison and trying to work.

Even in my sickness I do have two praises. I am first thankful to God that as of yet Addison has not gotten sick. I have been very careful around her and so far she has shown no signs of getting sick. I am also thankful to God for my wonderful mother, who on very short notice (only a few hours) was driving to meet Daniel in Winston Salem to pick up Addison. Daniel has to go back to work and I CAN NOT take care of a one year old in my current state. So it is a huge blessing that my mother would be willing to take care of Addison for a few days.

Hopefully the next time I blog, I will no longer be sick!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hope tonight brings lots of restful sleep and that tomorrow brings definite signs of wellness ahead!