Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stress Level going down, YEAH!

So I have been stressing about getting things done. This past week, I again realized that I have 7 weeks to get everything ready for Hunter. Also, I have been focused on tax returns lately, because those are due before Hunter is due. I had one tax return to finish, but I was having a really hard time getting it done. Not only was the tax return challenging, but I was having a hard time finding time to really sit down and focus on it. So that was one of my prayer requests this week at root group. I actually had two prayer request and both were answered. I wanted to be done with this tax return and I wanted to make significant progress with Hunter's room. It is funny how God answers prayers.

This week Daniel and I were able to move the guest bed from the bonus room into the office, which was a huge task and it helped us get enough room in the bonus room to were we can start to move the desk in their. So we did make significant progress with Hunter's room.

As for the tax return, God answered that prayer, but in a way I was not expecting. I finally got some time to work on it this week and I realized that their 2007 tax return was done incorrectly (or at least it was not done in the best way to save this couple money). Because of the way the 2007 tax return was done, I didn't know how to proceed with the 2008 tax return. I called the CPA I currently work under and explained the situation and asked what I should do. It is very complicated what needs to be done and it was way over my head. I wanted to make sure that this nice couple's tax return was done right and I couldn't do it. So I had to go over to their house and explain the situation and why I could not finish their tax return. I was worried that they would be mad. But they were very grateful that I had found the problem and also grateful that I was being honest with them about the fact that this was over my head. So, that is how God took care of the tax return prayer request.

I really feel like things are going well. We still have a lot of things we want to get done before Hunter arrives, but I feel like it is a reasonable amount of stuff to get done, assuming Hunter doesn't make his appearance early.

So these days my stress level is very low, which is REALLY nice.

No comments: