Monday, June 29, 2009

Journal - 6-29-09

I got to hold my wonderful baby, Hunter, today for a long while. Addison is growing up so fast and it makes me treasure the moments I get to hold Hunter. Because of Addison, I realize that Hunter will not be a baby for very long. Not nearly as long as I would like him to be. Addison only lets me hold her for short periods of time, in between her running around and playing. She no longer lets me hold her like a baby and stare into her beautiful eyes. So every moment I get, to hold Hunter and stare into his beautiful eyes, I want to fully enjoy and treasure. The age Addison is at also has incredibly precious moments. Like when she says something so funny, Daniel and I laugh so hard we are almost crying. Or when she says “I love you” how is melts my heart. But there is just something so enjoyable about holding your baby and I now understand that this time, for holding Hunter, will be gone before I know it.

Hunter is almost 3 months old now. He is almost to the point of having full control of his head and neck movements. He is FINALLY, sleeping through most of the night, about 6.5 to 7.5 hours. He is staying awake longer during the day and loves looking around at all the commotion that is going on in our house.

Addison is getting ready to be 2 years old in August. I can't believe how fast these two years have gone. She is such an incredible child. She loves to sing. She loves bath time. She loves chasing Bailey around the house. But more than anything, she loves for someone to read to her. I am so grateful that she loves books so much. Not only do I think this will help her with learning, but I look forward to the day when Addison and I can sip coffee (or tea) and talk about the wonderful books we are reading.

Thank you God for blessing me with the most wonderful children I could ever imagine. And thank you for blessing me with their wonderful father, who is the best husband I could ever have asked for.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's been a while since I visited the site. I love the nw layout. The pics on Facebook are awesome.