Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No Rest for the Weary #2

Our normal nightly routine is for me to get ready for bed right before Hunter's 9:30pm feeding, so I can go straight to bed after his feeding and get as much sleep as possible. Also, after I feed Hunter, Daniel gives him a bottle with about an ounce of formula, which helps Hunter to sleep longer at night, hence, giving mommy more sleep. We just bought the vitamins that you are suppose to give breastfeeding babies (because they don't get enough vitamin D from breast milk). After Hunter had fed on one side last night we decided to give him his vitamin before I fed him the other side. Apparently he does NOT like his vitamin. He started gaging when we gave it to him. And then when I tried to finish breast feeding him, he would not eat. He would not even latch on. Daniel tried to give him a bottle and he would not eat that either. We were getting a little stressed and it was getting later and later. Finally I decided to pump the other side (because I had to empty it somehow) and Daniel changed Hunter's diaper and got him swaddled for bed. At this point it is sometime after 10:30 and as we are starting to take Hunter to bed when he starts to suck, like he wants to eat. So we decide to give him the milk I pumped. He eats all of that and a ounce of formula. We were so thankful that he finally ate, but we were also VERY TIRED. I didn't get to bed until close to 11:00, which is really late when you have to get up at 2:00ish to feed again.

Needless to say, this morning was a coffee morning!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

not sure if you've tried any more of the vitamins with him, but I have a brand new bottle (still in the wrapper) you are welcome to have. We don't need it any more.