Monday, May 11, 2009

No Rest for the Weary #3

My mother has taken Addison to Marion to visit and so you would think that I would get a great night of sleep, without having to worry about getting up to take care of Addison. Well, Hunter decided to make up for the fact that Addison was not here, by making it a long night. Actually, it was probably my fault he got sick, but it still made for a long night.

Our normal nightly routine is for me to feed hunter and then Daniel also gives him a small bottle of formula, so he will sleep a little longer. Well apparently we might have given him too much last night. Hunter normally wakes up at 3:00am wanting to eat. But last night he did not wake up. I, on the other hand, did wake up (at 2:45am) with very full breasts. So I decided to wake Hunter up and feed him. He ate both breasts and as I was getting ready to burp him he vomited. I don't mean spit up, he VOMITED. It was a lot and was forceful and came out of his mouth and nose. At this point I figured he was done. I cleaned him and me up and started to change his diaper. And then he vomited again. Again it forcefully came out of his mouth and nose and made a mess over everything on the changing table and me. I again cleaned him up and started to change his outfit. As I was taking off his onesie, I scrapped his nose with my nail and his nose started bleeding. He started screaming. I held a burp cloth to his nose until it stopped bleeding. Then Daniel and I (at this point Daniel was up and helping me) finished cleaning Hunter up and changing him. When we thought he couldn't possibly have anything left in his stomach, guess what. He vomited AGAIN. Though this time was not as bad as the first two times. We decided to take his temperature and it was normal. We looked up vomiting in our child care book and it said that an infant will vomit if they have eaten too much, but it also said this could be a sign of digestional problems. Daniel and I finally got everything cleaned up and got Hunter back in bed and we got back to bed a little after 4:00am. At this point I had been up since 2:45am.

I talked to the nurse at Hunter's doctor's office and she said it sounded like he just ate too much.

Hopefully tonight will go better.

No comments: