Monday, May 4, 2009

No Rest for the Weary & Another Addison story

Today I put Addison down for her nap and then Hunter and I laid down for a nap. I can usually get an hour to an hour and a half before either Hunter or Addison wake up. I didn't have coffee this morning, so I was particularly tired today. I immediately fell asleep, which is unusual for me. It usually takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to sleep. After being asleep for about 30 minutes, Hunter starts crying. This has never happened before. I was REALLY tired and I didn't want to get up yet. So I re-swaddled him, hoping that would help. It did not work. In total desperation I gave him a pacifier (which we do not normally use). This worked as long as the pacifier stayed in his mouth. Ever 5 minutes or so, the pacifier would fall out of his mouth. So basically right as I was getting back to sleep, Hunter would start crying again and I would again put the pacifier in his mouth. We did this for about an hour, until I finally gave up and just got up. I then made myself a cup of coffee. Thank God for coffee!

Addison Story:
I was breastfeeding Hunter today, when Addison brought her toy phone up and put it up to Hunter's ear. Then she said "talk Hunter, talk." She held the phone at Hunter's ear for a few seconds, and then said "Bye" and took the phone away. She did this a few times. It was so cute.

No comments: